Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Haps - Running, #LognBlog2013, and Possible Employment

Lotta stuff going on around here.

First up, I ran again. It was not miraculous. But I think I've found a gym. Possibly even one I could work at. (Everyone go call 24 Hour Fitness in Broomfield and tell them you want Kat to teach spin. Don't worry if they don't know who I am. That's pretty much how Beiber got famous, right?)

Yep, I even walked a couple of times. It's been almost a month since I ran in Denver, so I feel like maybe I don't feel so terrible about that.

Tomorrow I have a 6 or 7 mile run planned, depending on which training schedule I'm looking at. Basically, I'm going to go to the gym and run while the Biggest Loser premier is on. Jillian is back, did I mention that? Don't get me wrong, I know the show is rife with things that you SHOULD NOT DO, but I still love it. Guilty pleasure.

Also on the running front, I signed up for another half, this one in June, the weekend after Tough Mudder.

Apparently this is what happens when I've had a glass of wine now. My impulse shopping is...race entrances.

What the heck have I become???



The good news about all that though, is that my miles will officially count towards something! As of Thursday, the CU DPT Log n Blog page is LIVE!!!



You can now join the team (click here), donate to the general team (click here), or donate to yours truly (click here). It costs $10 to join the team, and the mile logging doesn't start until the 22nd so you have some time to ramp up and get back into healthy habits before I start sending the nagging encouraging emails. There's no mileage goal (aside from "as many as possible") for the team, but we have set a paltry $1000 as our fundraising goal. All funds go directly to the Foundation for PT (so aside from helping me not flop as a team captain, you'll also be chipping in towards my future salary - thanks for that!), which funds research in physical therapy. Making great PTs even better or something to that effect.

Anyway, so this is kind of a big deal to me, so you'll be hearing a lot more about it as the year progresses. I've been dreaming up ways to "make miles" - like "Measured Mile Monday" where everyone who wants to comes out at lunch and jogs the measured mile on campus. Bam, one mile for everyone for that day, and it'd only take like 15 minutes absolute tops. Granted, we'd all be a little sweaty by the end on some days, but still. Worth it.



Similarly, there's Timed Mile Tuesday where you just time yourself doing a mile of your choice. Ideally, you'd pick the same course/equipment/pool/whatever so it'd be the same mile every week, but then you get to track your progress over the course of the year.

Anyway, that's the story there.

In case you missed it up there,

JOIN THE TEAM HERE

That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment