Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Ran!

And there wasn't even a crowd around me or anything!

This past weekend, I discovered that I have actually acclimated to the Denver altitude, and could actually be kind of less slow if I put some effort into it. I went to visit my parents in Texas and discovered that my sealevel cruising pace is my mile-high miserable race pace.

Huh.

Not only that, but I cruised through 4.19 straight miles with only one stop. And that one was at my grandmother's house for a glass of water. Because I could.

Oh, and that dip around mile 1 was Schooner St, which has this horrific hill I just didn't see coming. Not cool.

Anyway, I really don't have a lot more to say about it than that. I had a route planned out (3.25 miles) and then proceeded to miss literally every turn I intended to make before decided to just play it safe and stay on the main drag for a bit. It was humid and cloudy, so I was drenched by the time I got back, but it was so worth it.

Guys, seriously. I think I kind of actually like running a little bit now.

But don't tell anyone ok? I'm still undecided.

In other news, the only race in Denver this weekend is the ridiculously over-priced Christmas Carol Classic. Boo. Maybe I'll just drive down to City Park and run there anyway, for habit's sake.

Not that kind of habit. That would be a hot mess to run in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment