Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Miracle

I feel like I've been complaining about my back a lot for the last 40 days or so, but I can't find the posts where that happened. I'm also feeling more than a little lazy today.

Anyway, courtesy of the Mardi Gras workout (which I ran twice in a row...bad idea), the last 7 or so weeks have given me a new appreciation for what my lower back does for me. Like, stops my spine from snapping when I sneeze apparently.


No laughing matter. I haven't been able to even do situps for the whole time. That's definitely the reason for my love handles, not at all the 8 million robin's eggs I ate this weekend.

Anyway, all that to say, I woke up on Easter morning, sneezed, and then cried tears of joy. For the first time since Ash Wednesday, it didn't hurt. It would appear that I involuntarily gave up use of my lower back for Lent this year. Go figure.

That said, it's still got its twinges...but it's not constant pain now, and it's not inhibiting my movement anymore. Translation: I can touch my toes again, and that makes me happy.

Speaking of Easter, this weekend we went to NC to visit hub's mom and her husband. My parents and his aunt/uncle/great aunt also stayed the weekend. My aunt/uncle came down for the food too, so dinner was 13 people strong. It was really great to have everyone together, especially since it was from both sides of the family. It's becoming a tradition that we go down there for Easter, and I'm loving it. Hub's 92 year old great aunt even made the trip, which is really something.

Aside from the fun of being able to hang out with everyone, it was also nice to just talk...I came away from the weekend feeling loved and supported in what's gearing up to be a pretty stressful 3-5 years ahead. I have a pretty great family and family in law, and knowing they've got our backs really makes this whole thing seem manageable.

It also doesn't hurt that my parents *still* hide Easter eggs, and this year I was the youngest one hunting for them. I only found 1! I know their tricks and I still only found 1!



Speaking of manage...this is The Week I get to have The Talk with my manager. Blerg. It always feels like having the "it's not you, it's me" conversation, except way more passive aggressive (potentially).

So there's that.

Oh right, and then I'm teaching strength tonight, which is probably what you guys were looking for in the first place, right? Unfortunately, it's only 1:30 so I got nothin' for you yet. Check back in a couple hours, I might have cobbled something together. Maybe. Probably. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment