Tuesday, March 27, 2012

300

I wish I could say this were my 300th post - that would just be perfect. I wish I could even say it were my 200th post - that I could also make work. However, it's none of the above. This will be post number 183. Boring.

That's ok. Today's strength workout won't be.

Today we're channeling our inner Spartans and rockin' it 300 style.

Show me happy
Truth? I never watched the whole movie. I got the gist of it and then fell asleep. (Don't act so surprised...I fell asleep mid-HP7v2 as well. I can't lay down and watch movies, ever.)

But none of that changes today's workout. Today, we've got sets of 5 exercises, which we will do in reverse ladder style (10 to 1 instead of 1 to 10), repeating 5 reps, for a total of 300 reps per 5 workout set (or 60 reps per action). Make sense?

So for the first set, it'll look like this:
Dive Bombers x10
Pushups x10
Curls x10
Tricep Extensions x10
Shoulder raises x10
...

Dive Bombers x5
Pushups x5
Curls x5
Tricep Extensions x5
Shoulder raises x5

Dive Bombers x5
Pushups x5
Curls x5
Tricep Extensions x5
Shoulder raises x5
...

Dive Bombers x1
Pushups x1
Curls x1
Tricep Extensions x1
Shoulder raises x1


Each set of exercises has a theme: arm death, leg death, ab death, and power death. I have one each extra of leg death and power death in case we get through the first 4 super fast or something.

This is going to be fun. :-D

Google "cackle". I can't make this up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment