Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Stuff

If I'd seen this picture years ago, it would have saved me a lot of grief, including a weekend of non-terrifying swim meet failure.


Rawr.

So it's t minus 8 days until everybody wants a lot of money from me, and we're still stuck in this decision limbo. Not surprising...it's a big decision.

That's really all I have to say about that for now. By tomorrow I think we'll have ruled out Indiana (go figure - 2 weeks ago I was sure that's where we were headed), which is at least 1/3 of the way there. But then it becomes like that probability 3 door problem that I never really liked. I just wish we had a game show host to ask if we wanted to trade.

Moving on.

I decided to drop the personal training internship for now, and I'm postponing the test as well. I know, I know. The thing is, I've barely had time to keep tabs on my personal hygiene lately...learning how to properly instruct someone how to squat hasn't been high on the list of "survival mode" skills. I'll be happy if I can get us fed with something other than $0.79 pizza tonight. I wish I were kidding about that. So much for eating clean...sorry Rose.

Not a lot else going on. I taught spin yesterday and my regulars were all asking about schools and telling me why New England is the best place to be and asking why we'd bother moving when we knew we'd be back soon anyway. Sigh. One of the patients I met while observing this summer has been keeping tabs on me too, which is really sweet. I never know what to do when a guy on an incumbent bike yells up the stairs that I'm going to make a fantastic therapist and that he has faith in my ability to make good decisions. Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time that's happened.

Anywho. My teaching schedule is pretty light for the next couple of weeks...just Tuesday and Wednesday until the end of the month. That's ok with me - it means I get to spend some time getting to know the new climbing gym that opened up a mile and a half from our house.

Not me, but I did actually take this picture.  
Me. Type 2 fun.
Believe it or not, I used to be a little bit ok at climbing. I'm happy to report that after only 2 weeks, I'm already starting to remember what it felt like and some of my muscles are responding. Speaking of which, we're actually heading there now before the Patriots win the Super Bowl. Have a good Sunday everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Lots to say:

    1. My brother once thought he disproved the Monty Hall (3 door) problem. HAHAHHAHA

    2. I gave up on clean eating, too. Oh well.

    3. Pausing the person training stuff is for the best. Until you know where you're going to be, there's no point in investing time into something you have to leave.

    Yay for having lots of good choices.

    ReplyDelete