Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The "Easy Enough" Pyramid

First of all, a quick recap of last night. It was fun. There were 8 people, and everyone was in good spirits and they were good sports. During the abs portion at the end, one of them even flipped me off. I guess that means it was a good workout. I added another circuit in the middle as well...deadlifts then sumo squats, then combined squat, lift, press, lower behind your head, squat, etc etc. Meant to simulate a friend being passed out drunk on the floor and you carrying them over your shoulders. Good stuff. 

By the time I got to filling out my time card, I couldn't even write my name clearly, my arms were so wrecked. I've never had my entire body shaking at the member counter before. That was exciting. 

Anyway, tonight's ride is pretty simple...a pyramid of resistance. Every minute we'll add another turn, starting from seated flat all the way up to standing climb. At the middle point, we'll cut back the resistance and  pick up the cadence like we've hit a plateau on a mountain, then add back on all that resistance over the span of 2 minutes, stand up, and take the resistance back down 1 minute at a time. Since ending on easy resistance always feels anticlimactic to me, we'll probably end up doing 2 minutes of redemption resistance too. But man, my legs are super not psyched about it today. 

Shake It Out  -  Florence + The Machine
One Girl Revolution  -  Superchic(k)
Proud (Peter Presta QAF V Mix)  -  Heather Small
Howlin' For You  -  The Black Keys
Blackout  -  Breathe Carolina
Americano  -  Lady Gaga
Untouched  -  The Veronicas
S&M (Come On)  -  Rihanna
Blow  -  (Cirkut Remix) Ke$ha
Turn Me On (Feat. Nicki Minaj)  -  David Guetta - Nicki Minaj
Party Rock Anthem  -  LMFAO Feat Lauren Bennett & Goonrock
On My Mind - Kalai

So that's it. Simple stuff tonight. I'm sure I'll fill the space with jabber, but I'm just really tired today. My entire body was so achy last night that it kept me up then woke me up at 6. In my world, 6 is an unholy hour that I'm not looking forward to reacquainting myself with in the coming months. 

Since the tools I need to use to get my real job done have decided to throw a temper tantrum, I'm going to call it a day and go grab some glitter for this 46 days of fitness challenge thing. OOh I'm even going to make us a hashtag. #46daysoffitness. Tweet it up guys! 

1 comment:

  1. Fireman's carry was the only thing I was good at in wrestling.

    That's all I've got.

    ReplyDelete