Sunday, January 8, 2012

For once, I'm looking forward to February...

Just took a look at the calendar...Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year! w00t! Hello Heartbreak Heavy Lifting!

Yes, I am happily married, and will be celebrating with all the romance a duo of engineers can muster, but since all anyone *really* focuses on for Valentine's Day is either the heartache of loneliness or the heartache of brokeness, doing something perky would be downright revolutionary. After all this time, I'm not sure why anyone pretends like "I hate Valentine's Day" is such a novel concept. Everyone does, even those in a happy, healthy relationship. So instead of bemoaning the holiday, let's all do something good for our hearts and get a slammin' workout in, yeah? Yeah. I'm going to come up with some fun stuff for this one, so stay tuned.

So Valentine's Day is on a Tuesday. AND!! Leap day is on a Wednesday! Leap day! Leap! Like, jumps! On a Wednesday!

Lest we've all forgotten, spin is Wednesday nights! So...something clever involving jumps of various kinds will definitely be happening here.

As for this coming Wednesday, a lot of folks have been complaining about the lack of snow this year. I would like to remind all you northerners that shoveling sucks and last year was horrific, so no one should be complaining about an easy year.

I, for one, loved the 50s we saw this weekend.

That said, I know a lot of these bikers are also skiers, so to help them cope with the lack of slope, this week's mix is going to be a simulated day of skiing, complete with apres ski music. I don't know what everyone else grew up with as "apres ski" music, but I grew up skiing in Europe (we lived there, it's not as fancy as it sounds), so it was a lot of what the kids call "house" music. Something like this:


It's going to be magical. I may even make crab salad sandwiches (using krab and pita bread, of course) just for the occasion. I guess that's probably just us, but that's the ONLY thing we had for lunch as far as I can remember, whenever we were skiing.

And now I'm hungry for krab. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment