Monday, September 19, 2011

Playlist, Workout, and Gratuitous Pictures

First up, here's yesterday's playlist:


Spaceman The Killers - Spaceman CDM
Howlin' For You - The Black Keys
What Kind of Love Are You On - Aerosmith
(If You Are Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer
Daylight - Matt & Kim
In The Dark - Dev
Sail - Awolnation
This Is Your Life - Switchfoot
Move Like Jagger - Maroon 5 Feat. Christina Aguilera
You Make Me Feel - Cobra Starship (feat. Sabi)
United State of Pop 2008 (Viva La Pop) - DJ Earworm
Till The World Ends Britney Spears
Afrojack Ft. Eva Simons - Take Over
Brothers in arms Master - Gregorian Chant

I enjoyed it. 


Next, here's today's workout, I think:


NEED: heavy (bicep) weights, light (shoulder) weights, medium (tricep) weights

Circuit 1:
Upper body: Bicep curls
Lower body: Dumbbell side lunge
Combo: curl as you come up out of lunge
Cardio: quick feet
Balance: Side leg lift & hold
repeat for other side

Circuit 2:
Upper body: side punch w/weights
Lower body: forward lunges (one side per circuit - stable foot is the one that stays static)
Combo: lunge & twist
Cardio: scissor kick
Balance: Warrior III on stable foot
Switch to other foot for second time through circuit.
Circuit 3:
Upper body: Shoulder raises (straight out in front)
Lower body: Squats
Combo: Squats w/shoulder raises (keep arms up whole time)
Cardio: Alligator crawl
Balance: Tree pose Circuit 4:
Upper body: Tricep extensions
Lower body: keeping stable foot in the same place, lunge forward, side, back, then squat. repeat.
Combo: Raise arms as you come out of squats
Cardio: High knees or shuttle run w/weights
Balance:

Abs:

Superman plank 60 seconds
Bicycles.
Alternating hand to toe plank twisty thing
Medicine ball ab twist

A bunch of the moves came from the Tough Mudder workout plan, so that's fun. I know, it's not that different from the last workout I posted, but I'm simply not creative enough to come up with something new right now. For now. But I think I'm going to start making one night a week my DVD workout night, so I can try different workouts and incorporate them into my routines. Because, you know, I have a lot of free nights. Sigh.

This week also starts all the Fall TV stuff, so Tuesday nights are going to be my Biggest Loser nights again. I'm thinking my workout week will look like this:

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Double: Deb's FIT, my Strength Train  Triple: Spin, Pilates, run/walk to Biggest Loser Double (with triple option): Theresa's FIT (optional), Leanne's Strength, my spin DVD/Kinect night Rest Spin, strength (optional) or rest Rest or spin
So that's that. We'll see if I follow through with any or all of that.

In other other news, this time last year, I was putting the final touches on our wedding! Sunday is our one year anniversary! That means I get to post gratuitous pictures of us being cute, right? Right!

I'm not awkward at ALL! 
Nope, I'm freaking adorable.
Especially in black and white.
I'll save the wedding pics for later. These pics are all courtesy of the fabulous Margaret Michael.

1 comment: