Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tuesday: The Sequel

I thought he was kind of underrated...but then again, I slept through the original 3. Start throwing rocks now. 
So the thing about Tuesdays is that invariably what seems like the beginnings of a laughably bad day invariably turn out to be a cosmic warning sign.  A "go back to bed while you still can!" from the universe, if you will.

To recap, this was the warning sign:

12:01 AM: the fat kitty peed in the demon kitty's litterbox one too many times. The demon kitty started walking around with her paws at her crotch, but not going into her litterbox. Husband noticed this and frantically started cleaning her litterbox. As he was cleaning, they made eye contact and she peed...on the floor.  Right in front of him. He, obviously, gets mad and cleans it up but goes to bed cranky.

6:30 AM: my alarm goes off and I hit snooze once.

6:39 AM: alarm goes off again, I turn it off and get up.

7:00 AM: my other alarm goes off and hubs hits snooze.

7:09 AM: I come back into the room to find hubs beating my alarm clock with his fists trying to "get that thing to shut the he!! up!"

7:14 AM: The demon kitty pukes down the side of hubs's desk and I get to clean it up.  Proof that I'm not a mother: kitty puke (even without actual content) makes me gag.  A lot.

7:15 AM: I leave the house and leave a note instead of saying goodbye, because I know better than to wake sleeping monsters unnecessarily. At this point, I'm just as cranky.

8:00 AM: At the gym, I realize I have no clean underwear for after my workout.

8:55 AM: I decide, in my sweat-induced post-workout stupor, that going to Target sweaty and showering at work would be the best choice.

9:25 AM: I finally make it out of Target after about 20 minutes of explaining basic marketing concepts to the cashier.

9:35 AM: I dash into the shower at work to find that the definition of "adequate water flow" is not universal. Decide to hose down with body spray and make a day of it.

So that was the precursor.  The laughably bad part.  The part that really wasn't the end of the world, but was frustrating enough at the time to warrant a little foot stamping.

Then, last night, I went back to the gym.  I noticed something was a little off on my elbow, but it felt like a bruise...no big shock, I'm a klutz.

As the workout progressed though, it got worse.  By the time I got home (I decided pushups were maybe not going to do me any favors, so I tried to minimize how much stress I put on that elbow), it was bad enough that just flexing it hurt.  Awesome. After doing some poking around, it feels like the dips are the culprit, with pushups as an accomplice.  Sooo...I didn't do my pushups today, and I'm going to maybe sit out the dips for a while.  It feels a little better today, but joint pain makes me nervous.

In other news, this morning I went and got a TB test.

In 2 days, I'll know if I've been exposed or not.  I won't lie, a small part of me is a little nervous that I'll fail (I need this for some hospital work I want to do).  I don't know when the last time I got tested was, but I'm sure it was before I went to Brazil, so who knows.

Map of deaths per 100000 in a year or something, caused by TB. 
So that's today. No workout today, since I woke up slightly late and didn't have time to cram it in before getting stabbed at the hospital.  Maybe I'll do a DVD when I get home tonight...or maybe I'll just wallow in self-pity again. Who knows.

I'm also still a little cranky today. This weather is killing me.

How about you? What makes you cranky? When you're cranky, what makes it better/worse? 

1 comment:

  1. Your poor elbow. Rest will hopefully do it good.

    I got 5 hours of sleep last night, so I'm captain crankypants at work today.

    ReplyDelete