Saturday, April 16, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

This morning I woke up with what, truth be told, I knew I was going to wake up with...a mild but annoying head cold.  Blech.  You know the kind...scratchy throat and bubbly nose, not quite sick enough to call in a sick day, but sick enough that if you have the choice you'd wallow in self pity on the couch?  Yeah, that's the one.

Fortunately, I love my (night) job, so I used this morning's ride to practice what I preach, which is along the lines of "if you're up to it, working out while mildly sick is ok, so long as you don't overdo it".  I barely had any resistance on, and I kept the workout strictly aerobic.  You know what? No regrets.  I won't claim that it necessarily made me feel better (the shower after sure did though), but I'm glad I went.  It was a good class.

I always love getting feedback, positive or negative, and today was no exception.  One of the women I've seen in class before (hi M!) went out of her way to tell me that it was one of the best workouts she's had in a while.  What a compliment!  I love having this particular woman in class...she's always smiling and working hard, and I love that kind of disposition.  Unfortunately, this is the last Saturday morning I'm scheduled to teach until autumn, so...boo to that.

On that note, I added a calendar gadget to the sidebar, so if you want to catch any of my classes ever, you can see when they're happening.  If you're interested in attending but aren't a member of Executive, drop me a line (or leave a comment and I'll get back to you) and I'll get you set up with a guest pass.  Keep an eye on that calendar too...soon I'll be teaching the bootcamp/strength classes as well!

Sadly, my iPod re-synced before I could capture the glory of the playlist that ran through Wednesday, but just imagine some Backstreet Boys in the mix and you get the picture.  Overall, I really liked this morning's playlist.  Very poppy, but that's my style anyway.  :-)

Rocketeer  - FarEast Movement
Higher - Taio Cruz Feat Kylie Minogue & Travie McCoy
Hey Ya! - OutKast
Stronger (Radio Edit) - Kanye West Feat. Daft Punk
In Her Eyes - Basshunter
Forever - Chris Brown
Blow - Ke$ha
Circus - Britney Spears
Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
Dance Floor Anthem  - Good Charlotte
Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) - [feat. T-Pain] Pitbull
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
Wind It Up - Kat Deluna
Hello Hurricane - Switchfoot


On another note, I'm looking at taking A&P I&II over the summer so I can get myself at least somewhat in gear to become a certified Personal Trainer come September (when there's a crash course weekend in my town).  Any advice on how not to die taking that much anatomy in 8 weeks?  Blech.


No comments:

Post a Comment