Thursday, March 31, 2011

Battlefield, Minus the Battle

Yesterday was ok.  I don't think I committed to the imagery as well as I maybe should have, but what can I say? Teaching spin is fun...riding on my own is mental.  Maybe I made the ride too personal too fast or something.  It wasn't bad,and the profile certainly kicked butt, but I'm not sure everyone was as into the premise as I'd hoped.  Or maybe they all left exhausted and depressed, I dunno.  In any case, I'm doing the same profile tonight (poor Dan) but with new music:

I feel like there's a good chance I'll end up switching the order around some, and I'm not sure I'm convinced that Bring Me to Life belongs to this group, but for now I'm feeling ok about it.


In case I ever get the nerve up to tell more people about this blog, I'm going to start a "folks who inspire me" highlight.  Last night's rockstars were Dan and Hillary.

Dan has been coming to *every* spin class available for about 3 weeks now, and has even started going to Pilates after Tuesdays (maybe I'll get him to come tonight too).  He's a hoss and I haven't seen him quit yet.  Talk about inspirational. 

Hillary is just the sweetest thing.  I adore how positive and enthusiastic she is, even when she's talking about a sore tush after her first class.  She just started spinning last week and has already come to 3 classes!  I'm looking forward to seeing her more (and hopefully to convincing her the back row isn't the only row in the class! :-P)

I'm really excited for this weekend...I've got a couple of CEU classes coming up (including Race Day, gulp) that I'm hoping to find inspiration/motivation from.  I'm also hoping to start finding time to spin on my own, to run through these profiles a little before teaching them.  Problem is, all my evenings are either teaching or riding already, and I am simply not a morning person enough to get my butt up to the gym half an hour away, ride for an hour, then shower and get to work at a reasonable hour.  Anyone want to buy me my own spin bike?  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment